How can we debugg the Apps for HTTP calls ? How to see raw request/response contents of debugging app ?
We can take help of Charles Debugging proxy tool.
What is this Charles tool and how does this work ?
Charles is a web proxy that runs on your desktop computer. It enables you to see what data is sent and received between a web browser and the server.Customers may find these network logs useful when debugging and may request that you include them in your bug reports.
Step by step Instructions :
Download the version that suits you.
Collecting the proxy information :
Open Charles on your computer.
On the menu bar, go to Proxy > Proxy settings.
Make a note of the Port value.(usually it will be 8888)
- Get the network IP address of your computer by opening System Preferences >> Network.
- Choose the network name and the IP address will be visible. This is the network IP address you’ll need for your Android device.
Android Device Settings – For 3.1 and above.
Go to Settings.
- Select “Wireless & Networks”.
- Make sure WiFi is turned on and you are connected to your network.
- Select WiFi settings using a long press (touch and hold).
- Select “Modify network”.
- Select “Show Advanced Options”.
- Under Proxy Settings, select “Manual”.
- For the Proxy Hostname (Server) field, enter your network IP address.
- For the Proxy Port field, enter the port number listed in Charles.
- Tap Save.